24/7 Emergency 253-941-1516
Visit Water Emergencies page for general information about district Water issues.
Visit Sewer Backups page for general information about district Wastewater issues.
Visit Service Interruptions to find information on areas where service may be disrupted and related details.
If there is a temporary emergency an "Alert" may be posted on the Main page of the Lakehaven website. Alerts are indicated by the appearance of a black bar at the top of your browser's screen while visiting Lakehaven's website. To ensure you are viewing the most current information click your browser's refresh button (or press F5 on a PC keyboard).
- Are there health risks associated with using automatic meter readers?
- Where can I download Water Quality Reports?
- Does Lakehaven Water and Sewer District have a plan for future growth?
- How do I shut off the water service to my house?
- How do I check to see if I have a water leak?
- Why is FOG (Fats, Oils, and Greases) bad and how can I minimize the problems it creates?
- What is "Main Cleaning" and how often does Lakehaven perform it?
- How do I locate utility services before I accidentally dig them up?
- How do I report a water or sewer main break?
- Does Lakehaven Water and Sewer District perform repairs to my plumbing?
- Who should I report a sewer backup, overflow or smell to?
24/7 EmergencyEmergency: 253-941-1516 Daytime
Contact Customer Service during business* hours at 253-941-1516. After hours callers need simply follow the instructions on the phone and response staff will be paged automatically.
*Note that temporary Customer Service business hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
If you are unable to get a hold of anyone after calling the emergency phone number you may direct a phone to the after hours number(s) depending on the type of emergency: